Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

HR.my Upcoming Features Todo List

More
6 years 3 months ago #1590 by Kap-Chew
Hi Peter,

1. I can't give you an ETA, but I do hope that I will be able to make time to deliver this by end of this month, as I am currently working on something else.

2. Not sure if I fully understand you, but would allowing employee from the same Branch work in this case?

3. Have you checked out the Leave Planner? It is in calendar view already, or do you mean something else?
More
6 years 3 months ago #1593 by Peter Harris
Hi Kap-Chew,

Thank you very much for your reply. By the end of the month would be great, but I appreciate you have other work on.

With regards to point 2, I'm not sure how the Department/Branch dynamics work. Is it possible, in one view, to show everyone in your Department plus everyone on your assigned Branch together? So:

Department A:
  • Gareth
  • James

Department B:
  • Amy
  • Olivia

Branch A:
  • Gareth
  • Amy

Desired list in the Leave Planner for Gareth:
  • Gareth
  • James
  • Amy

Basically, I would like it so that Gareth is able to see everyone in his Department (Department A) plus just Amy (as an example). Would the Department/Branch allow me to do this?

With regards to the Leave Planner calendar view, what I mean is, is there a way to get a singular Calendar, either month view or year view, and have all the days that have a holiday booked have blocks of colours going across the days, per employee? It's hard to explain without a visual aid.
I'm thinking something similar to the calendar view in Outlook when there are multiple "All Day" appointments overlapping. Just another view to display the same thing I guess, but it would allow a yearly view too (unless this is already a feature?).
More
6 years 3 months ago #1594 by Kap-Chew
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the clarification:

1. Yes, Department/Branch view will allow Gareth to view Gareth, James and Amy's leaves.

2. May be you could give me a visual sketch of how it looks like?
More
6 years 3 months ago #1595 by Peter Harris
OK, no problem, I'll try and make a visual to better explain what I'm thinking.

With regards to point 1 again, will that work by specifying a begin/end date for hourly leave just like daily leave? And will I be able to manually specify the number of hours that the span of days will cover? So I could specify dates that are Monday to Friday, and then specify that that would be 34 hours? That's how we would need it, anyway.

Many thanks for your work and effort on HR.my.
More
6 years 3 months ago #1596 by Kap-Chew
Yes, it will work like what you described. If everything goes well, I will very likely provide the same option to specify if it is a whole-day, 1st half-day or 2nd half-day leave, so that you could combine the hourly leave with other leave types if necessary.
More
6 years 3 months ago #1597 by Peter Harris
Yes good idea. As long as I'm able to specify the number of hours that will be used in the days covered, then specifying if it's whole days/half days too will be very useful. Our employees work different length days so the need to specify how many hours used over the period of days selected is important.

The above is an example of a month view of what I'm thinking regarding the Leave Planner calendar view. I can't think of a way to do a yearly view, but to have a monthly view as something similar to my example, as well as the currently available view, may work better for some than for others. The blocks could be colour coded using the leave type colours, obviously.

As a side note, is it possible to change the first day of the week across the site? The date selection calendar starts on a Sunday, when we start our weeks in a Monday here in the UK. The same would be true for the calendar view I'm suggesting too.

Many thanks,

Peter
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds