Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

Copy last month's variable salary + Tax Identification Number

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2594 by Anthony
Hi, I am very new to hr.my and we are very impressed and happy with your product so far, so much so that we are already doing monthly donations without having implemented your program yet. Thank you.

Most of the employees in our foundation are part-time based, which means their salaries can vary a little bit or sometimes a lot between months. My question is, is there a way to set it so that the variable salary and variable deduction sections of each employee is copied over from last month's? If I can't do this that means I have to go to each employee's profile page and edit their salary as if they have a new pay structure every month, which is a lot of work for my HR guys and myself.

Just so you understand our issue, the foundation is for a school with a revenue-sharing model (with the teachers). Teachers are paid a percentage of the students's tuition fees, and based on the number of students they teach. Students are under no obligation to stay with us or that particular teacher so a teacher may have 10 students this month, they may have 5 the following, 15 the next and so on. What makes it complicated is each student pays different amount depending on which level they enroll in, and each teacher's revenue-sharing percentage also varies by seniority. This means that not only are their total pay constantly changes from month to month due to variables beyond just hours, but also their deductible based on the tax bracket set by the government. I'm looking for an easier way to manage these part time employees.

Also, another thing I couldn't find was an entry slot for tax identification number. Is this something that is planned for a future release? Or did I miss it somewhere? What I've done so far is to enter it under Remarks.

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide me.

Best,

Anthony
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Anthony.
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #2595 by Kap-Chew
Hi Anthony,

1. Thank you very much for your donation, I really appreciate it and it helps a lot at this stage of development.

2. Your payroll use case is also quite common in other organisations, therefore I have designed HR.my to handle such situation via the following setup:
  • You will set up each employee's salary profile via Payroll->Salary Adjustment->Edit, then add relevant Variable Pay or other items to the employee.
  • The Variable Pay items are in such structure that you may specify if the Rate and Quantity are either Fixed or Variable, which allows to be edited during payroll processing.
  • During each NEW payroll run, the salary profile for each employee will be loaded, and you just have to change either they Rate or Quantity of each Variable Pay item. I am quite sure that this part is inevitable as there is no other way of capturing such changes for each payroll run.

3. About the tax identification number, this is not currently supported as nobody has ever asked for it yet. May I know more about the use case of tax identification number?
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Kap-Chew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony
More
5 years 1 month ago #2607 by Anthony
Hi Kap-Chew,

Thanks for the clarification. I did see the variable pay feature in payroll processing but was hoping there was a way to copy last month's variable pay so I can use that as a base for the current month. But I guess you're right, this is an inevitable part of having variable pay. As with a lot of organizations here we are currently a huge Excel sheet to make these variable pay changes. So it is as simple as editing a few cells' numbers. It would be a little more work here, which is not a problem since everything else will be better automated.

As for the tax identification number, it is nothing more than to store it in our records. We do file that in a separate accounting system to report to the government and we do print it on the pay slips usually, but it doesn't need to be printed.

Anyways, thanks so much for the help, I'll continue to explore your wonderful software and get back to you if there are any further questions.

Best,

Anthony
More
5 years 1 month ago #2608 by Kap-Chew
Hi Anthony,

Not sure if you misunderstood my point:

"You will set up each employee's salary profile via Payroll->Salary Adjustment->Edit, then add relevant Variable Pay or other items to the employee."

If you set up your employee's salary profile like the above mentioned, then for each payroll run editing the variables will be "So it is as simple as editing a few cells' numbers. "
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anthony
More
5 years 1 month ago #2609 by Anthony
Hi Kap-Chew,

I think I got it. What I was doing before was processing payment, THEN adjusting the variable payrolls for each individuals, which means the variable pay doesn't carry over to the following months. By making the changes at the Payroll->Salary Adjustment menu, the variable pay will stay that way until I change it again at the same menu. Is that right?

Thanks again and best regards,

Anthony
More
5 years 1 month ago #2610 by Kap-Chew
Hi Antony,

If you set up the employee salary profile via at the Payroll->Salary Adjustment, then you may change it again via at the Payroll->Salary Adjustment in case there is a long term change, or you may still be able to change on an ad hoc basis via Payroll->Process. However, changes via Payroll->Process is not permanent.
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds