Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Overtime

More
4 years 9 months ago #2832 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Overtime
1. My concern is how this should be integrated with Leave application. If their shifts are not yet assigned, system will not be able to determine if they are supposed to work on those days or not. Any idea?

2. In the meantime, do employees rest at the same days? i.e. every Sunday etc? or does it change?

3. If employees get OT for working on holidays, does it mean the same rules for Workdays that marks holiday as OT can be followed?
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #2833 by naveron
Replied by naveron on topic Overtime
1. Hmm, difficult though, lol. If it's normal office days & hours, it will be easy. But since this is cafe/bakery/shop, which uses shift method, it will be difficult for the system, because it's too dynamic.
I guess for now the system is sufficient for our needs, because we can track their overtime already. As for the tardiness, I guess we'll just have be more observant in checking their check in time.

2. Unfortunately no, they rest only during their off days (4-5 days a month, every one in different days).

3. Not sure I understand your question, sorry. But from what I can get, working on holidays = working on workdays rules? Then yeah, it's the same.

Also I think we need to see each employee attendance. So, when we choose employee A for the month July 2019 for example, it will show his daily attendance for that whole month. Because Attendance Transaction Summary is just too much/too clogged to see. If the company have like 30 employees, there will be 900 records shown for the a whole month.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by naveron.
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #2834 by naveron
I have a little idea for the number 1 question, but it might require more work on your part though, I don't know.
Perhaps, you need to apply some intelligence into the system's algorithm, where if an employee's work time is mostly on 1st shift's time frame, then the algorithm will put him/her on the 1st shift.

So, for example an employer sets up their company's shift time:
1st shift: 09:00 - 16:00
2nd shift: 16:00 - 22:00

So, if John Doe checks in on 08:30 or maybe 09:30, and checks out on 15:30 or maybe 16:30, then the system will put him into the 1st shift time frame. With few minutes undertime/overtime based on the shift's time frame.

Maybe John Doe had to cover for Star Lord's shift, because Star Lord had to save the universe that day. So, John Doe checks in on 09:00 and checks out on 22:00, so John Doe work time is still put into the 1st shift, but he has 5 or 6 hours overtime.

Well, that might need a lot of work/thought process from your part though, maybe you want to put it in the future upcoming feature/to do box, if you think of doing this.

That's just what I think.

===

Anyway, the difficulty is if the company has different shift time for several outlets, like what I described before, where we have:
Shift 1 on all outlets: 09:00 - 16:30
Shift 2 on outlet A: 14:00 - 22:00
Shift 2 on outlet B: 15:00 - 22:00
Shift 2 on outlet C: 16:00 - 22:00

This will confuse the system, if John Doe checks in at 15:30, does John Doe works at Shift 2 on outlet B or outlet C? Because he could be late for 30 minutes, if he works at outlet B; or he might come 30 minutes early, if he works at outlet C.

I guess the system will have to put the company's branches into the equation. But I think it will require a lot of work to come up with the algorithm, lol.

But I'm pretty satisfied with the current attendance system already, anyway.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by naveron.
More
4 years 9 months ago #2835 by naveron
Oh, sorry I forgot about the "integrated with Leave application" part. Since our shop doesn't often have leave, so I kind of missed that point.

It would be very easy for normal office work days & time. Because they have a set of standard days & time.
I guess it will need a very different rules for cafes / bakeries / shops / restaurant / etc.

Actually I found out this website at first, only for the payroll system, lol. Because it's so easy to use and it has this variable payment, variable deduction, & bonus that is very helpful for us.
And when I saw the attendance system, I thought we might able to use this. But then there's no overtime tracking yet at that time, so I just suggested for overtime tracking.

But now we're discussing about the shifts method already, lol. I guess this shift system might have to wait for a while longer to be implemented, or maybe not, because it's just too dynamic.
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #2837 by Kap-Chew
For your last part of the reply, on the right hand side Attendance Transaction Summary, there is a Query panel, and in there, you may filter by Employee.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Kap-Chew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naveron
More
4 years 9 months ago #2838 by Kap-Chew
The challenge for me is to get to know the use case of shift based business better in order to come up with a reasonable solution. Unless I could conclude a common practice from user feedback, it would be difficult for me to even start the design.

Still, the most critical missing part now is, how am I going to deal with employees applying for leaves in some future dates, when there are not shifts assigned yet. Or, should I disallow this at all?

Hope that there will be more input from other users who run shift based business :)
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds