Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Reimbursements

More
5 years 2 months ago #2538 by Ethan Ong
Reimbursements was created by Ethan Ong
I was wondering add another feature expense claim management.

This is useful because especially working in lean organisation, Admin cum (aka) HR cum (aka) Payroll cum (aka) Accounts will be processing at the same time which is month end.

So what does this claim features should have? Receipts to be reimburse which is not taxable such as Entertainment, Lodging hotels, car park, of course the necessary evil in Malaysia mileage claims with setup fields such as mileage $$$ per KM or miles.

Also to further enhance the feature which expenses has been approved it allow the flexibility to either to be process separately as claim expense document by respective manager or to be included in the month end payroll but different reporting box (as this is usually NON-Taxable). How it should be incorporate in the payroll? Is not based on the transaction date or date of submission, is the date which falls in the period which is approved by the line manager. E.g. if the expense form submits on the 15th June but the manager only recalled to approved on say 2nd July, where the month end payroll to be processed is 22nd July, hence the total claims should be lump by their respective categories into July's payroll.

In this instance, of course it should also be published into employee's portal which he/she can view their pending/approve status claim which can be immediately reconcile/cross-reference to they pay slip.

Hopefully this can be materialised in the coming future.
More
5 years 2 months ago #2539 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Reimbursements
Hi Ethan,

There are a few mentions of the term "Taxable" in your suggestion that I am quite puzzled with. Is there any difference between taxable or non-taxable claims?

Additionally, what kind of claims are taxable? And taxable refers to employer or employee tax?
More
5 years 2 months ago #2540 by Ethan Ong
Replied by Ethan Ong on topic Reimbursements
Hi Kap Chew,
To answer your question YES. I can't recall Malaysia,'s model, but in Singapore if the item or receipts is taxed with GST then it should be reflected separately so the company can claim or reduce GST for its ordinary course of business.
Usually like any ERP the claim forms has a check box to indicate whether the receipts are inclusive of tax.
Hope this explain. If you need clearer understanding or diagram or report I can show it next reply.
More
5 years 2 months ago #2541 by Kap-Chew
O, GST, no wonder, I thought it was related to company or personal tax at first.

It would be better if you could illustrate with further materials, such as sample claim form etc. You may send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we may continue our discussions via email.
More
5 years 2 months ago #2542 by Ethan Ong
Replied by Ethan Ong on topic Reimbursements
Noted. Will document it down for you during the weekend. But do admire your open source HR. Really works well for Malaysia but only 25% up to Singapore. Trust me is no easy feat. Singapore has complex regulations mix with US and commonwealth models.
More
5 years 2 months ago #2543 by Kap-Chew
Thanks. It takes time to build the system, as long as I could understand users' use cases correctly, I am sure that HR.my will be better over time B)
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds