Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Trainings, Credentials and Certifications

More
5 years 8 months ago #2171 by Joey Grieve
Hi Kap-Chew,

The program you offer is a vastly comprehensive system which I appreciate remarkably for employee database management. To supplement further the capacity of creating an employee database, you may want to consider adding a feature which can create courses, credentials or certifications, and the ability to show an employees completion history of employment training. Creating available certificates could be done through a manager's profile in a similar manner as creating job positions and departments. Just as you can view an employee's job history under their profile, viewing, adding, removing or editing their earned credentials and certificates through a similar interface would make employee records an even more complete system. Thank you for sharing your program and for all future changes you will add!
More
5 years 8 months ago #2172 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

Thanks for your feedback. I would be happy to add training related modules to HR.my in the next one or two update cycle, but I will need to know the details that need to be captured in order to design these modules. For instance, what are the expected fields of courses, credentials and certifications, as well as employment training?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joey Grieve
More
5 years 8 months ago #2174 by Joey Grieve
Kap-Chew,

Establishing available employment trainings could be added as a new page under Employer, just along side Branches and Departments. Key fields would include a training code, and name. Education, certifications and credentials would all fall under the umbrella of resume support, however, can be added alongside on-the-job training.

Implementing education history both in and out of the company could be through an additional tab under the employee's profile, titled "Education" or "Edu". That tab should have sections for Education, Certifications, and Employment Training. Education could allow the employer to add entries with fields for "School", "Date Started", "Date Ended", a checkbox for "Graduated" and optional fields for "Degree Earned" and "Comments", as an example. Certifications would be designed for adding in special credentials and certifications which an employee has earned or achieved in or outside of work, but that is relevant to their employment. This could include fields for "Certificate Name", "Issued By", "Effective Date" with optional "Expiration Date", and "Comments".

Employment training would be based on the present training codes entered under Employer Setup. The section should allow an HR manager to, quickly and efficiently apply that training completion to the employee's training history. Fields for Employment Training should include "Training Code", with the option to add a new one (as with Job Position), "Effective Date", "Trained By", with a dropdown to select an employee, an optional "Pass/Fail" field and with the option of adding comments.

Please bear in mind that I'm not sure whether this implementation would be feasible, but I hope that this can give you an idea of where my thinking came from and what I would ideally love to see added. Again, I thank you for consideration and for sharing this great program.
More
5 years 8 months ago #2177 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

Thanks for the clarification:

1. I am working on the Employee education module right now, perhaps you may take a look first when it's done, and we will move our discussion forward after that.

2. For Employment Training, is this limited to in-house training? As the "Trained By" field seems to suggest so.
More
5 years 8 months ago #2182 by Joey Grieve
Kap-Chew,

1. That would be great.

2. Employment Training was intended to be designed for in-house training, yes. Classes and credentials obtained through an outside organization or institution would fall under education. A Training feature was intended to record employee progress and completion of offerings specific to the company. (i.e. CPR certification, College Degrees and Conflict Resolution Seminars would all be examples of Education, while "Cash Handling Procedures", "Customer Care Assurance" and "New Hire Orientation" would all be examples of inter-organization trainings which wouldn't be universally recognized.
More
5 years 8 months ago #2183 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

OK, now I have a better understanding of the Employment Training. Further questions, the Training setup will only include 2 basic fields, e.g. "Training Code", "Description", is this correct?
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds