Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Long loading when trying to load Indonesian Language Editor

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #2846 by naveron
So I've tried several times to edit some translation in Indonesia, but I keep getting the loading circle and never get to the editing screen.

I attach a short 20+ seconds video: imgur.com/a/wZlVTmI
(just add https:// in front of the url, because I can't seem to post links).

I even go away for several minutes to eat & drink, after capturing that video; then come back, and it's still loading.

===

Actually I just want to change the translation of "employer"; currently translated as "majikan". It's true somehow, but it's a pretty rude translation.
The best translation is I think "atasan" or "pemekerja".
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by naveron.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2847 by Kap-Chew
I have just tried loading Indonesian using Chrome and Safari, both using less than 2 seconds.

I think it might be due to your connection to HR.my server being slow then, or your web browser may have problem loading some code. Kindly try again.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2848 by Kap-Chew
BTW, using Google Translate, I found that "atasan" means "Boss", while "pemekerja" means "Worker", are you sure about these 2 terms are better than Majikan?
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #2849 by naveron
"Majikan" tends to mean boss in the old fashioned way. Usually a person, or a family unit who employs people.
While "employer" could mean a whole company or a board of management consists of different people from different backgrounds, no longer family in the old sense.
Majikan also often put in a negative light. Usually when the word "majikan" comes up in news, it had to do with Indonesian foreign workers being abused by their majikan abroad.

Well, "atasan" is also too personal, as it tend to refers to one person. Where "employer" could mean a whole company or a board of management / directors.
The meaning of worker is actually "pekerja", but I don't know why "pemekerja" also means worker in Google Translate.

Let me ask more people about this then. I'll come back to this thread when I have the right translation, lol.

===

I've also tried using Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but same result happens, long loading.
I guess it's the connection to the server then.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by naveron.
More
4 years 8 months ago #2850 by Kap-Chew

naveron wrote: I've also tried using Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge, but same result happens, long loading.
I guess it's the connection to the server then.

It's very odd. How's your experience accessing other features of HR.my? is it also very slow? Do you have any opportunity to try with different device or different connection?
More
4 years 8 months ago #2851 by naveron
I just tried open using my android phone, and it's the same, stuck on the loading.

No problem with other features in HR.my; all load fast. Only stuck on the Language Editor for Indonesian language.

I've tried to load other languages in the Language Editor and it loads fast. Maybe it has to do with too much translated words?

There's no problem in changing the interface language to Indonesia though. Only the Language Editor for Indonesia that's stuck in loading.
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds