Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Urgent request. Adding remarks during payroll processing

More
4 years 10 months ago #2803 by Calvin
I believe this feature may be helpful for all people and should be quite easy to develop.

So, we have different employees that may have different situation every month.
Some of them are new hires, so the salary needs to be prorated.
Some may apply sick leave (Paid/Unpaid), no pay leave, etc.
Some may have bonus / salary adjustment due to any reasons.

Would it be possible to add a remark field or something that will appear when we process the payroll to notify/remind us these kinds of special handling so that we would not miss any single instructions?
No idea where and how to show this on the UI, please be as intuitive as possible. :)

Thanks!
More
4 years 10 months ago #2804 by Kap-Chew
I will need to know:

1. When and how to capture such remarks?
2. When and how to show the remark as reminder?
More
4 years 10 months ago #2805 by Calvin
1. When and how to capture such remarks?
2. When and how to show the remark as reminder?

Like, after you press "Payroll->Process->Next", there could be a tab called "Remark" for HR to review before clicking "Process".
We may have a new item under Payroll category called "Payroll Remark" or any better name so users may add some remarks and select which month they want this reminder to be shown up.

I hope you understand what i am trying to say. lol
More
4 years 10 months ago #2806 by Kap-Chew
1. Does that mean the Remark will be based on individual employee? Since you mention a Tab for remark here.

2. I think that may not be a good idea for such remark purpose, as I suppose remarks will be quite random and vary from month to month (or same for some months for some employees etc). Anyhow, this will also heavily depend on point 1 above, ie. the nature of remark, whether it is global or per employee.
More
4 years 10 months ago #2807 by Calvin
1. Does that mean the Remark will be based on individual employee? Since you mention a Tab for remark here.
=> YES.
Would be great if this can be shown no matter which tab you are on "Variable Pay,Variable Deduction, etc"
So, maybe a separated area for this at the bottom of the page?
Like the Query Criteria, but at the bottom while not side, and always expanded?

2. I think that may not be a good idea for such remark purpose, as I suppose remarks will be quite random and vary from month to month (or same for some months for some employees etc). Anyhow, this will also heavily depend on point 1 above, ie. the nature of remark, whether it is global or per employee.
It's per employee. You may set it as hidden if there's no remark, and expanded when users have added remarks.
This may be useful if someone took unpaid leave early in the month but the HR may have forgotten to include this in the payroll or so.
How the HR want to use it depends on their company policy.

Just a suggestion, if it's not easy or not as useful as i think, that is definitely your decision :P
More
4 years 10 months ago #2808 by Kap-Chew
It is not difficult, but a lot of work will involve. I will put this KIV first until more users are coming to me for the same.
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds