Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How annual leave is counted in HR.my

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2686 by Kap-Chew
As I already said, it is based on "Current Date", i.e. Today minus Earning Start date.

In your case, you may want to change the Entitlement to 3 days instead of 18 days, since it is only for the last 2 months of the year.
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2688 by Jimmy Lee
meaning to say that i need to do manual calculation for the entitlement, as to current date?
using the same example, he joined 1 Nov 2018, instead of 18 days entitlement, i should put (3+4.5) days as of current date - 27/3/2019? Is that what you mean?

I've attached 2 images:
image 1: entitlement 3 days as per manual calculation, it shown earned only 1 day
image 2: entitlement 7.5 days (up to current date 27/3/2019), it shown earned only 2.5 days

none of it matches the figure, can you please guide me which part has gone wrong?image
Attachments:
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2690 by Kap-Chew
No, you misunderstood me.

Since your employee is entitled to 18 days per year. If he starts work for the last 2 months, then his entitlement should be 2/12 x 18 = 3 days.

If you think of how your new employee who starts work this year, from 1st of March 2019, then he/ she will be entitled to 10/12 x 18 = 15 days. And the system will show the correct Earned leaves at end of April as 1.5 days (i.e. 1/10 x 15)
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2691 by Jimmy Lee
Taking your example:
"If you think of how your new employee who starts work this year, from 1st of March 2019, then he/ she will be entitled to 10/12 x 18 = 15 days. And the system will show the correct Earned leaves at end of April as 1.5 days (i.e. 1/10 x 15)" - by end of April it's 2 months, shouldn't the calculation be 2/10 x 15 = 3 days?

Since i can't change the current date, i'll just change the scenario and check from the system again:
A new employee who starts work this year, from 1st of February 2019, then he/ she will be entitled to 11/12 x 18 = 16.5 days. And the system suppose to show the correct Earned leaves at end of March as 3 days (i.e. 2/11 x 16.5); but what i'm getting from the system is just 1.38 days, as of current date. (Please see attachment)

Sorry that i might be a little bit stubborn, but i just can't seem to have the correct amount.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Attachments:
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2692 by Kap-Chew
1. Yes, my mistake, should be 2/10 x 15 = 3 days.

2. This is because of the Earning is set to be earned at End of Accrual Period. If you change it to be earned at Start of Accrual Period, the earned days would be different. Furthermore, in your calculation, you should use Prorated - Daily instead of Monthly in order to get a closer value to your calculated result.
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #2693 by Jimmy Lee
Thanks for your time. I'll just manually count the carried forward from year 2018, while observing the calculation for year 2019. Appreciate.
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds