Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Unsuccessful upload of 2019 leave entitlement

More
5 years 3 months ago #2437 by Careena Goh
Hi Kap Chew,

I uploaded using the file that was downloaded from the website but the upload was not successful and the # of days were not uploaded although the entitlement types were.

I also realise that since then, the entitlment of Annual Leave for 2018 has been renamed as "B/F from 2018" and I cannot go in and change it back.

Can you :
1) Point out where I had gone wrong
2) How can i change the " B/F from 2018" back to "Annual Leave" in the year 2018? Even the transactions that were tied to Annual Leave has been changed to B/F from 2018.

Can I send you the files privately for you to point out my mistake?

Thanks,
Careena
More
5 years 3 months ago #2438 by Kap-Chew
Hi Careena,

1. May I know what do you mean with "were not uploaded although the entitlement types were"? What's the notification message? Did it indicate successful or unsuccessful upload?

2. "B/F from 2018" -> This is completely beyond me, I don't have any code that changes the entitlement title.

3. Please check your Leave Type, it's is likely someone else in your company may have updated the Leave Type names.
More
5 years 3 months ago #2439 by Careena Goh
Hi Kap Chew,

Sorry for the late reply and Merry Christmas!

It was unsuccessful but when I went into HR.my and into 2019, part of it was uploaded. The time off leave was not uploaded but the rest were for most of the staff except some. I have already fixed it but wanted to know where I went wrong.

As for 2018, the Annual Leave type was renamed "B/F from 2018" . Not sure how that had affected 2018.

I tried to go in to change it back but realise everything had changed to B/F from 2018 including the leave that was taken as they are all linked. I also cannot just go in and change the type of leave back.

How do I rectify the 2018?

Thanks,
Careena
More
5 years 3 months ago #2440 by Kap-Chew
Hi Careena,

Merry Christmas.

1. You will need to check the details in the notification email for the import result. The failed records will be clearly indicated with reason highlighted. If you don't understand the message, please post it here.

2. Regarding the Leave Type, you don't usually change their names like you did. The same ANNUAL leave will be uses for leave entitlements in different years, e.g. 2018 or 2019. May I know why do you want to change the Leave Type names?
More
5 years 3 months ago #2441 by Careena Goh
Hi Kap- Chew,

I must have permanently deleted the email which contained the error message. I tried to attach the file I used for upload to show you but the file type is not acceptable here.

I had NO intentions of changing the name of the leave type but realise that the change from ANNUAL LEAVE to BAL B/F FROM 2018 was made in 2018 after I had uploaded the file. For 2019, all the leave types except for the TIME-OFF were uploaded properly for most of the staff except for some of them. I have since then rectified the leave for 2019.

Can you advise how to I can revert the leave type from BAL B/F from 2018 back to ANNUAL LEAVE?

Thanks,
Careena
More
5 years 3 months ago #2442 by Kap-Chew
Hi Careena,

1. If you need to know the reason for previous failed import, you may try to import again, duplicate leave entitlement will not be saved and will be indicated so, while those erroneous records will be highlighted seperately in the notification email.

2. As the system would never change the Leave Type names, therefore the only way for you to change it is via Leave->Type->Edit.
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds