Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Leave Date Range and Unit Limit

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1497 by Kap-Chew
Hi Nathan,

For 1 and 2, the challenge on my end is that, many users request that the leave will be auto-calculated with holidays and weekend deducted. It is quite straight forward for Day-based leaves, but as I don't have better ideas on how this should work on Hour-based leaves yet, I decided to roll out a simple solution first, i.e. by limiting Hour-based leaves to within a day.

I am thinking now, if I should in fact allow Hour-based leaves to span over a few days, while just indicatively showing the From and To? Even though this may not sound logical when both leave types appear on the same leave schedule.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Kap-Chew.
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1498 by Nathan Harris

Hi Nathan,

Does it mean that this is no longer an issue: "it fixed itself to 2 days deducted a few minutes later when I went in to edit the transaction"?

Correct, the Holiday took a few minutes to minus from the Leave calculation, but it eventually worked out correct. Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Nathan Harris. Reason: added quote
More
6 years 4 months ago #1499 by Nathan Harris

Kap-Chew wrote: Hi Nathan,

For 1 and 2, the challenge on my end is that, many users request that the leave will be auto-calculated with holidays and weekend deducted. It is quite straight forward for Day-based leaves, but as I don't have better ideas on how this should work on Hour-based leaves yet, I decided to roll out a simple solution first, i.e. by limiting Hour-based leaves to within a day.

I am thinking now, if I should in fact allow Hour-based leaves to span over a few days, while just indicatively showing the From and To? Even though this may not sound logical when both leave types appear on the same leave schedule.

I understand; there are so many different ways to structure a company Leave policy it would be very difficult to accommodate all. I appreciate you taking a look and all the work you put into this software.
More
6 years 4 months ago #1500 by Kap-Chew

Nathan Harris wrote: Correct, the Holiday took a few minutes to minus from the Leave calculation, but it eventually worked out correct. Thanks!

Er... this is very strange, is it due to connection problem? Can you try again to see if this happens constantly? Thanks.
More
6 years 4 months ago #1501 by Kap-Chew

Nathan Harris wrote:

Kap-Chew wrote: I understand; there are so many different ways to structure a company Leave policy it would be very difficult to accommodate all. I appreciate you taking a look and all the work you put into this software.

I am now thinking of the possibility of open up the From and To date option for Hourly leaves, but I will need to check existing implementation to see if there is any potential conflict. Stay tuned :lol:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Harris
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #1502 by Nathan Harris

Er... this is very strange, is it due to connection problem? Can you try again to see if this happens constantly? Thanks.

Must have been a connection issue that day not updating the Holidays. They show up in the date select window now and deduct immediately. Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Nathan Harris. Reason: quote
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds