Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Leave Date Range and Unit Limit

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1491 by Nathan Harris
Hi. Thank you for the great software! I have come across a couple of issues in trying to set up our company.

1. When entering a Leave application I cannot add a second date to have a date range. It only allows me to enter one date, the "From" Date. The "To" date is grey.

2. We allow Leave time to be taken in hours, so that it the unit I am using. I am trying to enter a week block of leave consisting of 40 hours but it tells me 40 is not a valid number for the leave unit. I tried 20, which worked. This makes me think that this issue is tied to issue #1 above since there isn't 40 hours in one day and it won't let me enter multiple dates.

Screenshot attached.

3. I am also having trouble selecting an employee web account to assign a HR Role. I can select the employee in the Leave and Management screens, but not in the screen to assign the HR Role.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Nathan Harris. Reason: added 3rd issue
More
6 years 5 months ago #1492 by Kap-Chew
Hi Nathan,

For 1 and 2, there are 2 types of Leave Units, by Day or by Hour. For those Day-unit leaves, you will need to specify From and To dates. But for Hour based leaves, it is assumed that it's a short time-off within a day, that's why you can't select To date.

3. May I know more specifically what do you mean with " I am also having trouble selecting an employee web account to assign a HR Role"? You will need to click at the checkboxes of the employees that you want to assign HR Role, then click at the "Assign HR Role" to perform this task.
More
6 years 5 months ago #1493 by Nathan Harris
Thanks for the quick response!

1 & 2. That makes sense. I'll just have to create more Leave types for this to work for us. For example one "Vacation Days" based on Days and one "Vacation Hours" based on hours for partial days. Thanks!

3. The check box will not engage. It may be the browser (Firefox) I'm using. I'll try a different browser and report back. In Leave and Employee management there isn't a check box to click, I've been clicking on the entire employee line and that's worked fine. I was assuming the same would work in the employee web account management but it does not and the check box won't activate.
More
6 years 5 months ago #1494 by Nathan Harris
For follow up:

1 & 2. I realized two separate types of the same leave won't work since they don't both deduct from the same earned leave time. I'll have to just use Days and estimate with 1/2 days even though we allow our employees to take time by the individual hour. Ultimately, for us, it would be perfect if we could say from 2017-01-01 to 2017-01-03 an employee applied for 22 hours of leave all in one request. I just don't want to have them put in three separate requests for 8 hours on 01-01, 8 hours on 01-02, and 6 hours on 01-03. I know this is more specific than most companies will need, though.

3. I did try on Chrome and the check box works as intended. Just does not on Firefox. I'll just use Chrome for the time being.

Thanks again!
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1495 by Nathan Harris
Edit: Please disregard, it fixed itself to 2 days deducted a few minutes later when I went in to edit the transaction.

One more quick note...

When entering a leave application in which the date range crosses over a Holiday it doesn't deduct the holiday from the number of Days that auto-calculate. Weekends (off) work out just fine, but we had a Holiday on a Tuesday and our employee took off Monday through Wednesday of that same week; it still deducted all three days from the entitlement even though one of the three was a recorded Holiday.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Nathan Harris. Reason: fixed itself
More
6 years 5 months ago #1496 by Kap-Chew
Hi Nathan,

Does it mean that this is no longer an issue: "it fixed itself to 2 days deducted a few minutes later when I went in to edit the transaction"?
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds