Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Automated leave entitlement and carry forward calculation

More
1 year 7 months ago #4596 by Shadid Haque
Hi Kap-Chew,
I have been playing around with leave entitlements as well as earning type but identified a few issues that you may work on in future.

1. Unused leave entitlements do not automatically carry forward to next year. Instead they stay as unused in the current year. Employees can use them by changing the year to the previous year but this is quite inconvenient. Employees simply wants to see all their available leave by leave type in a single screen. One way to solve this would be if the employee can see all leave entitlements available from current and previous year when applying for a leave application in 2022. Another way would be, the system can automatically carry forward all unused leave in a leave type to the next year. Otherwise, I do not see why there is a carry over field.

2. EarningStart and ValidUntil dates must be within the Year. This is a problem. Our Earned leave entitlements are calculated based on joining date and they are earned on the anniversary date. so if someone joins mid year, the earning start and validity needs to span across 2 years. Also, they need to carry over on the anniversary date as well.

Hope this helps with deciding your upcoming enhancements.

Shadid

CTO
BongoBD.com
More
1 year 7 months ago #4597 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

2. Only Earning Start date has to be within the same year as the Year of Entitlement. Valid Until date is up to you to span across multiple years. That's exactly for the purpose of the use case you mentioned.

I strongly suggest that you try again to confirm.
More
1 year 7 months ago #4598 by Shadid Haque
You are correct. Valid until doesnt have to be in the same "year". I typed too fast. However please see our usecase

Earned Leave - 15 days are added to the entitlement of an employee on every anniversary which has can be carried over on the next anniversary. This calculation on the anniversary date could be automated and auto entitled, otherwise it is a lot of manual work on individual anniversary dates. You could do it based on a filter by allowing us to setup a rule. Also, on the employee side, when applying for leave, they should just be able to see current balance that includes all carry overs from past years as well as current year's new entitlement on the anniversary date.

Casual and Sick Leave - These dont carry over but are simply added to the employee on the first day of the year. The previous year's balance can be expired on last day of the year, which is great but you could automate new year's entitlement based on a filter/rule.

I know I am asking for too much but really trying to help out with future features. A rule based auto entitlement, carry over etc. would be fantastic.

CTO
BongoBD.com
More
1 year 6 months ago #4599 by Kap-Chew
1. Regarding your question:

"Also, on the employee side, when applying for leave, they should just be able to see current balance that includes all carry overs from past years as well as current year's new entitlement on the anniversary date."

That's exactly the purpose of the Carry Over field.

2. For automated carry over processing, it has been considered, but due to the priority of other tasks at hand, I have no time to visit this idea anytime soon.
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds