Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

File Storage management

More
2 years 6 months ago #3881 by Careena Goh
Hi Kap Chew,

How do i manage my file storage? Our company seems to have utilised 88% and when I checked, I realise we have used 438MB for leave attachment. I would like to reduce that and some of the attachments can be either removed or downloaded. Hope you can advise. Thanks.
Careena
More
2 years 6 months ago #3882 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic File Storage management
Hi Careena,

The 88% you saw actually meant 88% available. Every account starts from 100% and as they move on, the storage will be reduced to 0% with more files uploaded.
More
2 years 6 months ago #3883 by Careena Goh
Replied by Careena Goh on topic File Storage management
Thanks Kap Chew for your quick reply.

Noted on the figure and the pressure is off now but should we also not do some housekeeping so as not to overload the system with dated and probably irrelevant information?
More
2 years 6 months ago #3884 by Kap-Chew
I agree, but I am still thinking of a better approach to doing so. Previously there was a File Storage menu to allow users to delete Leave Attachment without deleting the leave records, but I am not sure if this is the right way moving forward, that's why I have not done anything on this yet.

Any feedback? How would you like the house keeping work done?
More
2 years 6 months ago #3885 by Careena Goh
Replied by Careena Goh on topic File Storage management
Hi Kap-Chew,

Perhaps we can give users the option to export out the details and/or just the attachments for safe keeping for records > X no of years? ( X to be determined by the individual?)

That is my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Careena.
More
2 years 6 months ago #3886 by Kap-Chew
Er... the export of details can already be done via Leave->Transaction Report.
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds