Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

Can you help me translate

More
6 years 5 months ago #1449 by Aishah
Hi Kap Chew.

Is it possible to input break time in attendance transaction? Example as attachment.
In time 9am, out time 6pm, duration is 9 hours.
I need to deduct 1 hour break from the duration but nowhere to input.

Please assist. TQ.
Attachments:
More
6 years 5 months ago #1450 by Kap-Chew
Hi Aishah,

I will handle this later with a global option ^^
More
6 years 5 months ago #1451 by Aishah
I see. Okay. Can't wait. ^^
Thanks.
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1564 by Aishah
Hi Kap-Chew.

I'm testing the recent Time Clock features. It's great! However I still find the lunch break deduction is still not possible? Duration is calculated using first in and last out time, despite we can check out and in during lunch hour.

Just checking to see if I missed any new feature, or still in the process perhaps? Thanks. :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Aishah. Reason: Adding attachment - printscreen sample time clock
More
6 years 3 months ago #1565 by Kap-Chew
Hi Aishah,

I am actually thinking for 2 possible solutions to this, but still waiting to see if there are more feedbacks from users:

1. I will add one Break button to pause and resume for lunch or whatever breaks, so that whenever an employee pause for a Break, the time will be deducted from the overall duration (from First check-in till Last check-out)
2. Provide a global option, such as "Deduct 1 hour from every workday" for such breaks, but this seems a bit rigid
More
6 years 3 months ago #1575 by Aishah
Option 1 is great for employees with flexible working hours who work on a time to time basis. One of our part time has such work nature and using Toggl for task and time recording purposes.

Option 2 is okay but to make it practical, I'd suggest having a checkbox to include lunch break or not for that day's attendance transaction. In our case, this would help to not include the set break deduction for half-day leaves (by unchecking the option).

However, this may not provide ease for those importing data from in-house system, as I am doing now. What more for those with large number of employees.

Option 3, since manually we can input multiple check ins and outs:
- enable multiple check ins and checkouts of time clock data of the same date via import (template) method
- formulate so that only duration between check ins and checkouts of the same date is calculated, instead of just first in and last out
- formulate and add break deduction to the import template

We stayed in a floor owned by our next door neighbour, hence they shared to us the in-house attendance system. I had to create an Excel template for our company's attendance because some features in the system don't suit our needs, plus I'm not an admin of the system so I cannot make prompt adjustments.

Here's a sample of my work:

The formula is pretty much like this:

WORK DURATION = CLOCK OUT TIME - CLOCK IN TIME - BREAK DURATION

We calculate over/short hours for unpaid and replacement leaves, hence we need to have another column for over/short hours where the formula is:

HOURS OF WORK - (HOURS WORKED + MISC HRS)

*MISC HRS is for work outside the office (events, admin errands, etc) in which admins manually add to the record

This is how it works for our company. Thought I'd show you some sample in case it helps with more ideas.

Again, I understand that the ideas above depends what is capable to be done on your side as developer, plus it's free which is more than helpful for small expanding companies like us. I'm prepping up our HR.my database and running tests on the system, hopefully we can start using it next year. :D
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds