Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

HR.my - Additional feature on schedule/planner

More
7 years 7 months ago #806 by CC
Hi Kap-Chew,

Thank you for HR.my!

Was wondering if you could add a feature on the employees' calendar schedule/planner to indicate which employees are on day/night shifts so it is easier for employers to plan ahead.

I suggest an added feature to show different colors on the calendar schedule/planner to indicate:
- employees who are on leave (currently in green boxes);
- employees who are on day shift (eg red colored boxes);
- employees who are on night shift (eg blue colored boxes).

We need this feature to ensure that the timing of day/night shift workers are evenly distributed, and also to ensure leave days do not clash with those switching from day shift to night shift and vice versa.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!
More
7 years 7 months ago #809 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

This is a feature that has some pre-requisites, for instance, how is your employee shift scheduled. Obviously there must be a module to capture the shift information before it's being shown on the leave calendar.

So the discussion now should be diverted to how the shift management could be done in HR.my. You may let me know more about how you manage employee shifts so that I could design something that is useful to you and other users of similar needs.
More
7 years 7 months ago #811 by CC
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

The employee shifts are currently scheduled on a four-weekly basis but it is subject to change depending on holidays, leave taken, work load, etc.

We just need an extra feature to show the employees' shift schedule (day or night) in the calendar so that at a glance, we can see which staff is on the day/night shift that particular month, in addition to people who are on leave/training, etc.

This will help greatly in how we plan our work accordingly across the various teams.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
More
7 years 7 months ago #812 by Kap-Chew
Hi,

Ha, I do understand your need, but as I mentioned:

"So the discussion now should be diverted to how the shift management could be done in HR.my. You may let me know more about how you manage employee shifts so that I could design something that is useful to you and other users of similar needs."

What you need is actually a byproduct of shift management. Before the shift management is designed and implemented properly, there would be no easy way for the system to show the shift data on a calendar. Hope that clarifies my question.
More
7 years 7 months ago #816 by CC
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Not sure if I get what you are saying correctly but the wish list for the end product would be:
1) Colour 1 on the calendar showing staff who are on leave;;
2) Colour 2 on the calendar showing staff who are on company training;
3) Colour 5 on the calendar showing staff who are replacement leave;
4) Colour 6 on the calendar showing staff who are on medical leave.
5) Colour 3 on the calendar showing staff who are on day shift;
6) Colour 4 on the calendar showing staff who are on night shift.

Refer attached file that shows the difficulty in differentiating between the 6 categories above with just one colour.

Do you know of any other freeware that can accommodate the above purely for staff leave and shift management purposes?

Thank you!
More
7 years 7 months ago #818 by Kap-Chew
Hi CC,

1. I think you may have misunderstood my question. I understood your need perfectly, but as I mentioned, before the shift information could be shown on the calendar, you will need a way to enter shift information for each employee (hence shift management as I mentioned), and as such, we will need to work out how shifts are managed and record first.

2. There is no attachment in this post.

3. I am not sure of any other solution, may be you can do some online search.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds