Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× General topics related to statutory, employee management and etc.

Size of Banking Data Field

More
3 years 8 months ago #3193 by Mark Poppert
Dear Sir,

It is necessary for us to track and utilized the IBAN number for each of our employees. However, the data field in HR.my for Bank Account number is limited to 20 characters. The typical IBAN number is 29 characters. Please increase the number of characters in the "Bank Account No." field to at least 30 characters.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
More
3 years 8 months ago #3194 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Size of Banking Data Field
Is IBAN number equivalent to Bank Account no?
More
3 years 8 months ago #3195 by Mark Poppert
Account Number: 0123 4567 8910 1
IBAN: QA47 CBQA 0000 0000 0123 4567 8910 1
(Maximum of 30 alphanumeric characters)

What is an IBAN

IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and is a number attached to all accounts in the EU countries plus Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Hungary. The IBAN is made up of a code that identifies the country the account belongs to, the account holder's bank and the account number itself. The IBAN makes it easier and faster to process cross-border payments.

How is an IBAN constructed

The number comprises maximum 34 alphanumerical characters, which are structured as follows:

Two letters representing the home country of the account-holding bank (ISO 3166 country code with two letters, e.g. IE for Ireland)
Two numbers that are a control key
Maximum of 30 alphanumeric characters that identify the bank and the ordinary account number
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #3196 by Kap-Chew
The reason that I am asking for this is whether I should add another IBAN field, or just expand the existing Account No field. I am not sure if there are any users that may require both.

If I am to expand the existing Account No field, very likely it will be expanded to 34 characters as explained in your reply, and name it IBAN/ Account No.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Kap-Chew.
More
3 years 8 months ago #3197 by Mark Poppert
A portion of the IBAN is the account number. IBAN is becoming the standard as it conforms with the western international banking system. In most areas it has taken the place of Account No. + SWIFT code.
If you are servicing areas with the older system, then you need two fields;
1) Account No. /IBAN:
2) SWIFT Code:
More
3 years 8 months ago #3198 by Kap-Chew
Thanks for the clarification, it really helps. I will expand the Account No to 34 characters.

BTW, may I know which country do you come from? I just wanted to know this will be needed by which country's user.
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds