Welcome To HR Department WorkshopAdd to Favourites
If your answer is YES to most or all of these questions, this workshop may be exactly what you looking for.
The workshop provides an overview of all areas in HR and is specially targeted at new HR personnel
As the workshop covers a wide area of HR, you will have an overview knowledge and skill of the HR function. You will learn enough to be effective and understand what it takes to be a more effective HR professional. You will not only be able to carry out the daily HR roles, but also be able to improve yourself on the job by asking the right questions of your mentors and seeking new challenges.
To help you to start off your career in HR, the workshop is facilitated by an experienced practitioner and trainer. The many case-studies, role-plays and other exercises are designed to help you achieve your career goals in HR.
• Appreciate the roles and functions of HR
• Plan manpower needs
• Recruit and select employees using various methods
• Train and develop employees
• Appraise and manage employee performance
• Compensate employees adequately
• Carry out employee engagement plans
• Carry out disciplinary action using the right procedure
• Appreciate the purpose of the various laws
• Assess their competencies for effective HR professionals and take steps for improvements
(1)What is HR?
• Functions of HR
• Roles of HR
• Generalist and specialist HR
• Role of HR in small, medium and large organisations
(2) The HR Planning Function
• Definition of Job Analysis
• How to write Job Descriptions & Job Specifications
• Factors for Manpower planning
• Position planning
(3) The Recruitment & Selection Function
• Recruitment vs Employment
• Recruitment & Selection Methods
• Steps in Recruitment & Selection
• Interview Methods
• Testing Methods
• Selecting the right candidate
(4) The Training & Development Function
• Training vs Development
• Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
• Planning the training content
• Becoming a trainer
(5) The Performance Appraisal & Management Function
• Performance Appraisal vs Performance Management
• Methods of Appraisal
• The Performance Appraisal Interview
• Who are the appraisers?
• What is 360 degree appraisal?
• Performance Management Issues
(6) The Compensation & Benefits Function
• What is strategic compensation?
• What is Job Evaluation?
• Methods of JE
• Monetary and Non-monetary benefits
• Legal and discretionary benefits
(7) Employee Engagement
• What is employee engagement?
• What do your employees want?
• Ownership in work
• Rules for employee engagement
(8) Brief Overview of Laws Relating to Employment
• Employment Act 1955: Employees protected by EA & their benefits (overview)
• Industrial Relations Act 1967: Purpose of IRA; Employees protected by IRA
• EPF Act 1991: Who is covered? Overview of Benefits
• SOCSO Act 1969: Who is covered? Types 1 & 2 contributions; Overview of Benefits
• Workmen’s Compensation Act 1953: Who is covered?
• Trade Unions Act 1959: What is TU? Functions of TU; Who can join unions?
• Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994: What is OSHA?
• Factories and Machineries Act: Purpose?
• What is due inquiry & domestic inquiry?
• What is dismissal and constructive dismissal?
• Dismissal with notice & dismissal without notice
• What are cautions, verbal warnings, written warnings and their importance?
(10) Do You Have What It Takes to be an Effective HR Professional?
• Challenges in HR
• Knowledge and skills for HR
• Assessing your abilities as an HR Professional
• Planning your career in HR
• Transferees to HR Department
• New Line Managers / Executives / Supervisors
• Personnel on job rotation plan
RM1,388.00 per participant (Early Bird Fee, register by 30 December 2013)
Group incentive: Register 3 participants from the same organization, the 4th participant is FREE. (Buy 3 Get 1 Free)
Hotel Melia Kuala Lumpur (Across From Berjaya Times Square)