Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× If you need more features for the free payroll software and HR software, please do not hesitate to post it here.

Trainings, Credentials and Certifications

More
5 years 8 months ago #2185 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

I have just updated HR.my to support Employee Education History, you may want to take a look ^^
More
5 years 8 months ago #2187 by Joey Grieve
Kap-Chew,

I believe that the two fields should suffice for the courses themselves, the details on each employee would be added when recording completion history.

I have taken a look at the updated version and I think that looks great. Perhaps consider adding a tab under their profile or including it as a section under personal details or "job" instead of having to go through the specific Employment sub-menu.
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2188 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

1. I am thinking of organizing Education, Experience etc into Employee profile eventually, but will need to wait for other modules to complete first before deciding how to group them.

2. Regarding training, is there any possibility that training may be conducted by non-employee? i.e. external consultant?

3. You mentioned: "should suffice for the courses themselves", is the "course" related to training module? This seems to suggest that the training setup should have Trainer and Course, then the Training History will assign both Trainer and Course to an employee's training record? If no external consultant is necessary, then the Trainer setup is unnecessary, since Employee trainers could be assigned to training record directly.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Kap-Chew.
More
5 years 8 months ago #2190 by Joey Grieve
Kap-Chew,

To accommodate a broader range of use, would it be possible allow both employee and non-employee trainers for a intra-organization training module? I.e. would it be possible to have trainer setup where employees could be quickly added, but an outside organization or representative could be added strictly as a training entity? If this overcomplicates the program, please disregard.

For clarification with "the courses themselves", I think it would be easiest, at least from a user perspective, to setup training courses through the Employer menu (Like setting up Job Positions). Entering the specific details relevant to an employee (e.g. adding in the trainer, date, pass/fail, etc) would be submitted under the Employee menu or via the employee profile.

As a side note (which may not be feasible, but just in the interest of throwing out more suggestions): it would be convenient if you could apply training details to employees in bulk when various trainings occur in groups (sexual harassment seminars, orientations, etc). This would save a great deal of time for documenting a single training which applies to many people and having to apply the history one by one.

Thanks again!
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2191 by Kap-Chew
Hi Joey,

1. Allowing external trainers is what I have in mind, that's why I wanted to confirm if such use case exists. What I am thinking is to add a Trainer module, where you could specify either internal employee or external consultant. If internal employee is specified, then you will need to assign an employee to that trainer role. If external consultant is chosen instead, you may need to enter the name of the consultant (perhaps with optional company name too?)

2. For Courses, does it mean that a Course Code and Description would be enough?

3. Bulk update could be implemented, but I am more inclined to support this via Import instead, so that I don't have to work on 2 interfaces for the same purpose B)

P/s just updated HR.my to support Employee Experience / Work History, you may take a look too ^^
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Kap-Chew.
More
5 years 8 months ago #2194 by Joey Grieve
Hi Kap-Chew,

I think that a trainer module would be great as described. It would also be cool if an employee assigned the role of a trainer could enter training information via their web login without needing to have full HR Management permissions. Again, not vital for the function of the module, but a neat addition if you would be so inclined to entertain the idea. For courses, yes, a course code and a description should be more than enough. And importing training data is probably easier from a user perspective as well since most documentation for employee training is done through spreadsheet preliminarily.

The employee experience module is awesome as written.

Thanks again!
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds