Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Leave in Hours

More
7 years 7 months ago #797 by Miles
Replied by Miles on topic Leave in Hours
Hi,

1. Yes, once we started having flexible working requests in the UK (where people can apply for changes in shift patterns and they have to be given them unless we can prove there's a good business reason not to) we found this problem calculating in days, as a result I converted everyones entitlement to hours, so if possible that would be amazing! :D

2. That is certainly an idea. How does it show up on the schedule if only part of a day taken but no structured input for what part of day taken then?

Many Thanks,

Miles Nelson
More
7 years 7 months ago #798 by Kap-Chew
Replied by Kap-Chew on topic Leave in Hours
Hi Miles,

1. Providing a company level entitlement unit (Day or Hour) is relatively straight forward in this case, provided that the company has a uniform leave entitlement scheme, but... (refer to point no 2 below)

2. Handling the time slot taken may be a little bit too specific to your situation that I doubt if other users may find it useful, which may potentially make the user experience more complicated for those that do not need it.
More
7 years 7 months ago #799 by Miles
Hi,

1. Great, what do we need to do to enable this (with or without the timeslot i'm keen to enable this!)

2. Understood. If there ever is any other interest then I would certainly welcome the change, perhaps (and I don't know the technical details here) it would be something you could switch on or off or opt-in or out of when signing up? Also, the ability for users to vote on suggestions going forward would be cool. Another piece of software I use uses this feature and so that the most popular additions go to development, and there's an option for people to fund their suggestions if not popular enough!

Anyway, that's enough from me! Hope that we can at least get the company level change for the days->hours sorted!

Many Thanks,

Miles
More
7 years 7 months ago #800 by Kap-Chew
Ha, I am glad that this discussion ends with some actionable result. Give me some time to plan for the day to hour option, and I will get back to you again when it's done ^^
More
7 years 7 months ago #801 by Miles
Great Thanks!
More
7 years 6 months ago #823 by Kap-Chew
Hi Miles,

I have just released a new version which implements the discussed option for "Day" or "Hour" unit for leave application. By default the system will be using Day, if you want to use Hour, please go to Company->Settings to change it.

Please do not change this option at whim, as it will make your leave records out of accord. Try it and let me know if it works?
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds