Investigative Interview & Non-Confrontational Interrogation Techniques Asia MasterclassAdd to Favourites
Phone line 2: +65 6646 3917
Fax line: +65 6399 3699
Investigative Interview & Non-Confrontational Interrogation
Techniques Asia Masterclass
3rd & 4th March 2014
Register by 13th Dec and save 500 SGD
Interviews represent the most basic and human element of any investigation. Diligent interviewers constantly search for a complete and truthful telling of events. Whether you are a law enforcement officer, an investigative reporter, or simply a business professional negotiating a work dispute, investigative interviewing skills help you to efficiently and reliably determine the events and motives at hand. This masterclass seeks to highlight the best practices of interviewing techniques and to provide you with a variety of considerations and tools for your next interview.
Whether you are interviewing the primary subject of an investigation, a victim, or a peripheral witness, it is crucial that the interview is conducted in a thorough and professional manner. Engaging in anything less may expose the investigation to the risk its findings and conclusions are found less than credible or are ultimately excluded as evidence. In a successful interview, the process is as important as the results.
The Non-Confrontational approach encouraged the suspect to make a rational rather than an emotional decision to confess. In addition, it can uncover a pattern of criminal behavior instead of that single incident being investigated. A successful non-confrontational approach allows a collaborative decision-making led by the suspect using the interrogator as a trusted advisor because of the rapport and trust that was build in the process, thus giving more opportunities for the investigator to succeed.
Who should attend:
This program is specifically designed for all professionals involved in investigation, regulation, law enforcement and discipline in civil service and private organizations.
At the end of the 2-day masterclass, every participant who attended the training would walk away with:
- Effective interviewing techniques to handle situations relevant to their respective job function
- Profiling techniques to assess the credibility of information provided to him or her
- The understanding of the importance of body language and how to make use of it to profile someone or assess the accuracy of information provided
- The skill on how to manage difficult, hostile and sensitive people during interviews and at the same time able to obtain the required information
- The know-how technique in interviewing young subject
- Techniques to verify information provided and assessing whether the counterparty is deceiving him or her
- Confidence in their course of work and know which pitfalls to avoid while interviewing someone and / or assess the credibility of the information given
- A benchmark to ascertain whether current methods or modes of operation is efficient and thus could make necessary adjustment so as to increase work efficiency, resulting in better utilization of resources
- The chance to gain knowledge from how other organizations handle similar condition, especially those in the private sector
Topic featuring this week:
- Introduction to Interviewing Techniques
- The Interviewer – Knowing Thyself
- Interview Techniques Fundamental
- The Traits of a Good Interviewer
- Interview Vs Interrogation
Our Masterclass Leader:
Stanley Chia CFE, CAMS, CFCI, ICPS, BEcon, MCom (Business Law) Group Managing Director & Chief Fraud Examiner,
ICFE Group of Companies
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified Member (CAMS) with Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Investigator (CFCI) with International Association of Financial Crimes Investigators
- Member, Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists (ACFCS)
- Member of Australasian Compliance Institute
- International Crime Prevention Specialist (ICPS) with International Crime Prevention Practitioner, Inc (ICPP)
- Associate Member, International Compliance Association
- Associate Member, Singapore Institute of Directors
- Advisor to Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE, Malaysia) in developing curriculum for "Advanced Diploma in Digital Forensics"
- PSMB Certified Trainer (Malaysia Human Resource Development Fund)
In the complexity of the fraud examination profession, Stanley is notably recognised as a highly successful man by any measure. A man of boundless curiosity, endowed with valuable insights and a lively sense of humour - Stanley, like all successful entrepreneurs, without really realising the momentum of movement he has started, founded the ICFE Group of Companies for no other reason than his personal satisfaction. In a three short years, he transformed the ICFE Group of Companies into a think-tank group that has offices in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Today, the ICFE Group provides multi-consultancy solutions to companies world-wide. His one consuming passion is in fraud investigation. With singularity of heart he is thoroughly convinced he can accomplish something constructive and meaningful for organisations that require fraud examiners to mitigate fraudulent practices. As the Group Managing Director & Chief Fraud Examiner, Stanley's spirit of inquiry and devotion to fraud examination has laid the foundations for the ICFE Group. Well versed in financial products and compliance methodologies, Stanley specialises in investigative interviewing & profiling techniques and has handled numerous cases for both local and foreign financial institutions. His professional experience, helmed through his time in large institutions like AIA Insurance, Singapore Exchange and United Overseas Bank, extends across anti-money laundering, compliance, enforcement and fraud investigation work, solving cases which involved millions of USD.7
Stanley has trained many organizations including MNCs, Financial Institutions, Hospitalities Group and Professional Associations. His topics cover wide array of fraud-related subjects like Procurement Fraud, Fraud Focus Interviewing, Fraud Detection, White Collar Crimes and Prevention, etc. His audiences include Directors, Senior Management, Managers, Professionals, and Law Enforcement Officers. He has also been invited to speak at conferences in Singapore, Malaysia, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai to share his experiences in combating white collar crimes. Stanley holds a Master of Commerce, specializing in Business Law and also a Bachelor of Economics, majoring in Money & Banking and Accounting.